The Breed Council held its Annual General Meeting on Sunday 6th May 2018. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the formation of the Council and a number of the delegates attending the AGM have been delegates since 2008.
The Chairman presented his review of 2017 and covered the following topics:
- Education and training, including the Council’s long-standing commitment to the development of judges
- CC allocation and the awaited decision on the future of clubs and rotational CCs
- Screening for IVDD and the fundraising to support this
- Lafora disease and the registration of recessive coated puppies
- The demise of Dog World and the importance of the dog press
- A thank you to all the volunteers who give their time freely for the benefit of the breed
Katherine Herrington presented the Accounts which showed a balance of around £29,000 in the newly formed Charity: Dachshund Health UK. Katherine was re-elected as Treasurer for a 3-year term.
Anne Moore was re-elected as Vice-chair for a 1-year term.
The AGM was followed by the Council’s ordinary meeting.