The following information is provided by experienced Dachshund owners. Every dog is different, so the advice given here may or may not be appropriate for your Dachshund.
- Your new puppy
- Should I get 2 puppies of the same age?
- Exercise and training
- Teaching your puppy to walk on a lead
- What to do if your Dachshund gets lost or goes missing
- How long can I leave my dog alone (I’m out at work)?
- How to teach your dog to stop barking at people or other dogs
- Toilet training your puppy
- Toilet training – be consistent
- More toilet training tips
- Teaching your puppy to be left alone without separation anxiety
Health and wellbeing:
- Health and general care
- Should I spay or neuter my Dachshund?
- Your Dachshund’s bodyweight (too fat or too thin?)
- Lifestyle advice to reduce the risks of back disease (IVDD)
- Should I breed from my Dachshund bitch?
- Advice for anyone thinking of breeding from their Dachshund
- Should I use my Dachshund dog at stud?
- Should I offer my male Dachshund at stud? – some further thoughts
- The Animal Welfare Regulations 2018